PlayStation DualShock Refurb.




I have a box, under my stairs, that's full of old controllers that I've collected over the years. 

I've found these at car boots, been given them, or literally found them in my own loft in shoeboxes.

It's a bounty that's paid dividends over the years.

Recently I've been spending a lot of time with the original PlayStation again and needed a DualShock controller, so I went to the box and pulled out these wondrous things.




I only needed one, so I picked one. They all looked and felt the same, so it didn't take long.

I won't grab any old controller that I see out and about, I can generally tell after a quick look at the face button sides, or how it feels, if its going to be worth picking up.

The chosen one.






First things first, I disassemble with a PH00 screwdriver bit and give all the plastics a good long soaking in some very hot water with plenty of washing up liquid.

I use quite a simple method for cleaning everything really, it works well for me and is simple. 

A good soak and scrub with a toothbrush and things are starting to look a lot better. Repeat the sequence again and things started to come up lovely.








It soon became apparent to me that under the grime, filth and fur was a very underused controller.

A closer look at the motherboard and it was clear that this controller was actually in very good condition.




A quick once over with some isopropanol, compressed air and I'm happy.

A smooth polish, quick check to make sure everything is present and we're good to it back together.




Back together, quick test and it's nice and fresh again. 

Often when I finish a controller, I pass it on to a friend or someone that needs one, but this one, as it came up so nice - I'm keeping as my PlayStation controller.

All done.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Search For The 3DS Ideal

Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land

Building A GameBoy Pocket